The Department of Business Oversight (DBO) protects consumers and oversees financial service providers and products. The DBO supervises the operations of state-licensed financial institutions, including banks, credit unions and money transmitters. Additionally, the DBO licenses and regulates a variety of financial service providers, including securities brokers and dealers, investment advisers, payday lenders and other consumer finance lenders. For a complete list of the types of financial services providers and industries regulated by the DBO, go to http://www.dbo.ca.gov/Licensees/default.asp.
- File a Complaint / Quejas de el Consumidor
- Search for DBO Licensees
- Search for DBO Enforcement Actions
- Financial and Senior Fraud Education
- Division of Financial Institutions
- Division of Corporations
- California Money Transmitters may submit license transition requests through the Nationwide Multistate Licensing System and Registry (NMLS) beginning January 15, 2016. Transitioning your license to NMLS | Transition Checklist.
Self-Service Portal – The DBO’s DOCQNET Self-Service Portal allows licensees to submit online applications, exemption notices, annual report information and more.
- Consumer Finance Lenders
- Payday Lenders
- Mortgage Lenders
- Financial Institutions
- Bank Officer and Director Compensation