Registering a Designated Email Address for Your Company
On June 23, 2014, the Department of Business Oversight (DBO) requested your business register an email address designated to receive communications from the DBO by July 23, 2014.
As of today, July 29, 2014, the Department’s records show that you have not submitted the designated email address for your business.
Please submit your registration as soon as possible yet no later than August 1, 2014. If you have questions regarding compliance with this Order, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Registering a designated email will ensure more timely updates on regulatory issues and other matters affecting your business, such as Commissioner’s Orders, consumer complaints, bulletins, surveys and other pertinent information.
The email account must meet the following conditions:
- The designated email must use a generic address, not an individual’s email. (Example: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org) The designated email address may be an address already in use by your company, but should not be an address provided to the public for general communications.
- SPAM settings must be modified or confirmed to allow emails from the domains “@dbo.ca.gov” and “@Service.GovDelivery.com.”.
- Security settings should also be modified or confirmed to allow for attachments to be received.
- The designated email should not be an email address of third party representative. Licensees should review emails sent by the DBO and then determine if they would like to forward the information to third party representative.
For specific guidelines, please refer to the Order at: http://www.dbo.ca.gov/Laws_&_Regs/dbo_orders.asp.
To register a designated email, please follow these steps:
1. Click on or enter the following website address into your browser:
Go to www.dbo.ca.gov and click on the link entitled "Submit Your Designated Email"
under the "Popular Pages" header.
2. Once at the designated email registration website, enter the username and password. Your username is DBO License Number and your password is Password. Please note that the password is case sensitive and the format is 5 numbers followed by 3 capital letters.
3. Once the username and password are accepted, you will be able to enter your business’ designated email address and other necessary information.