DBO - Call Report - 4th Quarter 2013
January 2, 2014
FOURTH QUARTER 2013 REPORT
TO THE SENIOR TRUST OFFICER OF ALL NATIONAL BANKS, FEDERAL SAVINGS BANKS, AND FOREIGN (OTHER STATE) BANKS AUTHORIZED TO ENGAGE IN TRUST BUSINESS IN CALIFORNIA (“REPORTING INSTITUTIONS”)
Dear Sir or Madam:
Please read this letter thoroughly for instructions on how to download and save the Third Quarter 2013 report forms and instructions from the DBO Web site. If you do not have access to the Web, or cannot access the forms, contact Patrick Carroll at email@example.com or by telephone at (415) 263-8559 to make other arrangements. The DBO does not mails out hard copy report forms and diskettes. Instead, reporting institutions download, store and print the call report forms in Excel format from the DBO Web page. Some of the web links to download and save the forms and instructions have changed. If you have saved those links to the Favorites Center on your Internet browser you may need to update them. Also please note that while electronic version of the Schedule U may be emailed, submission of the signed, hard copy via U.S. postal mail is still required.
Downloading Schedule U
- Open your Web browser to: http://www.dbo.ca.gov/forms/national/default.asp. Or, to navigate to the form from the DBO Home page, www.dbo.ca.gov, click on the “Resources & Online Tools” tab, then click “Division of Financial Institutions Forms and Applications” then click “National banks, federal savings banks, and foreign (other state) banks authorized to engage in trust business in California.”
- Scroll down the page and locate the link to the following form in Excel format. For your convenience, the link to the form is www.dbo.ca.gov/forms/national/Schedule_U.xls.
- Click on the link to the form.
- If the file/download box appears on your screen, click the open button to open the form.
- Enter the "Department of Business Oversight number" in the appropriate place on the report. For your convenience, a list of Department of Business Oversight numbers is attached.
- Complete filling in the form. Name it Schedule U.xls and save it to a familiar location on your computer. Print out a hard copy of the forms and retain it for your files.
Completing Schedule U
Below the form link is a link to instructions for the preparation of the form. The instructions are in Adobe PDF format. For your convenience, the link to the instructions is: www.dbo.ca.gov/forms/national/Instructions_for_Completion_of_Schedule_U.pdf.
Please contact Norm Edwards at (213) 897-2170 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions you may have about completing these reports.
Submitting Schedule U
Every institution has a "Department of Business Oversight (DBO) file number" which should be entered in the appropriate place on the report. For your convenience, a list of DBO numbers is attached. Institutions that formerly reported on Schedule T please notice that a new file number has been issued your institution for reporting on Schedule U. Do not use the number that you formerly used for reporting on Schedule T.
Send the completed report as an email attachment to email@example.com. Please put your institution name and call date in the subject line of the message. The report must be emailed by Friday, January 31, 2014.
Keep a copy of the signed, executed report in a file at the institution.
Schedule U was required on a quarterly basis, beginning March 31, 2003 from each national bank, federal savings bank, or foreign (other state) bank that is authorized to conduct trust business in California, regardless of the amount of fiduciary assets held as part of that business.
Schedule U is in an Excel format that is to be filed electronically AND in hard copy. The report filed electronically will not contain the required signatures from the two certifying officers. The report filed in hard copy must contain the required signatures from the two certifying officers.
Hard copies of reports that are sent back to this office must be signed and executed. In addition, a copy of the signed, executed document must be kept in a file at the institution.
Institutions making revisions to the report must send a signed and executed copy of the revisions to this office, as well as filing a copy of the revisions in the report file at the bank.
We appreciate your cooperation in furnishing us with accurate information in a timely manner.
Very truly yours,
PATRICK C. CARROLL
Strategic Support Manager