DBO - Call Report - 4th Quarter 2013
January 2, 2014
TO THE PRESIDENTS OF ALL STATE-CHARTERED BANKS WITH TRUST POWERS:
Dear Sir or Madam:
Please read this communication thoroughly for instructions on how to download, input, save and email the Fourth Quarter 2013 call report forms and instructions from the DBO Web site. If you do not have access to the Web, or cannot access, input or email the forms, contact Patrick Carroll at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone at (415) 263-8559 to make other arrangements.
Effective March 31, 2010, Schedule T was revised to incorporate changes made by the FFIEC to Schedule RC-T. In addition, beginning March 31, 2010, all schedules of Schedule T - Fiduciary and Related Services, will be made available to the public on an individual basis.
If you have any questions, please contact Assistant Deputy Commissioner Norman Edwards at (213) 897-2170 or email@example.com.
Downloading Form 505 – Schedule T – Fiduciary and Related Services
- Open your Web browser to http://www.dbo.ca.gov/forms/trust_companies/default.asp. Or, to navigate to the form from the DFI Home page, www.dbo.ca.gov, click on the “Resources” tab, then click “Division of Financial Institutions Forms and Applications” then click “Trust Company and Department Forms.”
- Scroll down the page and locate the links to the following form. For your convenience, the link to the form is www.dbo.ca.gov/forms/trust_companies/Form505.xls.
- Click on the link to the form.
- If the file/download box appears on your screen, click the open button to open the form in Excel format.
- Enter the "Department of Financial Institutions number" in the appropriate place on the report. For your convenience, a list of Department of Financial Institutions numbers can be found at http://www.dbo.ca.gov/Licensees/trust_companies/trust_departments_directory.asp.
- Complete filling in the form. Name it Form505.xls and save it to a familiar location on your computer.
- Print out and keep a signed, executed hard copy of the forms in a file at the bank.
- Although trust departments may now send in their call report forms as email attachments instead of as hard copies, a signed, executed hard copy of each call report form must be kept in a file at the trust department. This file must be available upon request to examiners during the course of a trust examination.
Submitting Form 505 – Schedule T – Fiduciary and Related Services
After you have prepared the report, send the completed report as an email attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put your institution name and call date in the subject line of the message. Keep a signed, executed copy in a file at the bank. Respond within 30 days from the reporting date. The report must be emailed by Friday January 31, 2014.
Call Report Amendments
Banks making amendments to the Schedule T must continue to send a copy of the amendment to this office, as well as filing a hard copy of the amendment in the call report file at the bank. Amendments may be made in Excel format, as email attachments.
FFIEC Report Copies
The requirement that banks submit two copies of the FFIEC call report has been eliminated. Please keep a copy of the FFIEC report in a file at the bank. This file must be available upon request to examiners during the course of a bank examination. Banks making revisions to the FFIEC call report must continue to send a hard copy of the revisions to this office, as well as filing a copy of the revisions in the call report file at the bank. Please send revisions to Patrick Carroll at the Department of Financial Institutions, 45 Fremont Street, #1700 San Francisco, CA 94105-2219.
We appreciate your cooperation in furnishing us with accurate information in a timely manner.
Very truly yours,
PATRICK C. CARROLL
Strategic Support Manager