CA DBO Web Portal to be Launched
Dear Department of Business Oversight Licensee:
The Department of Business Oversight is preparing to launch the self-service portal of the Document Quality Network (DOCQNET) and wishes to advise you of the impact this information technology (IT) upgrade will have on your interaction with the Department. DOCQNET will significantly improve how we communicate with applicants and licensees and enhance consumer support. The core objectives of DOCQNET are to:
- Streamline the review of applications and renewals.
- Improve exam planning and coordination.
- Better utilize data to monitor and evaluate the financial services marketplace.
Beginning on June 18, 2014, companies and individuals with a license or seeking to obtain a license to conduct business in California will visit the DOCQNET self-service portal at www.dbo.ca.gov/DOCQNET.
Companies licensed under the California Finance Lenders Law, California Deferred Deposit Transaction Law, and Escrow Law, will be able to:
- Submit applications for licensure online.
- View the status of their license application.
- Submit Annual Report information online.
- Update contact information online.
- Pay application, renewal and qualification fees (feature pending release later this year).
(Note: Companies and individuals licensed under the California Residential Mortgage Lending Act, California Finance Lenders that make residential loans, and Mortgage Loan Originators will continue to use the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS).)
Please visit our information page, www.dbo.ca.gov/DOCQNET for additional information and regular updates on the DOCQNET self-service portal. If you have additional questions, please contact your program administrator, listed below.
- California Finance Lenders Law: Patricia Speight, Patricia.Speight@dbo.ca.gov or (213)576-7619
- California Deferred Deposit Transaction Law: Frankie Hornick, Frankie.Hornick@dbo.ca.gov or (213)576-7554
- Escrow Law: Richard Malme, Richard.Malme@dbo.ca.gov or (213)576-7595
JAN LYNN OWEN
Commissioner of Business Oversight