Mortgage Loan Originators
- 10/09/2015 - The annual renewal period for mortgage loan originator licenses will be from November 1, 2015 through December 31, 2015. Licenses must be renewed during this period in order to ensure authorization to continue originating loans during the 2016 calendar year. Requirements for renewal were distributed on October 9, 2015, to current licensees and may be viewed here.
- For Archives Click Here
- About Mortgage Loan Originators
- Frequently Asked Questions
- License Fees
- Licensing Status/Assistance
- Requirements for CFLL and CRMLA Licensees who employ MLOs
- What are the Pre-requisites for Mortgage Loan Originator License Applications
- Who is Required to Obtain a Mortgage Loan Originator License
Information on MLO licensing requirements is also available in NMLS.
NMLS, developed through the Conference of State Bank Supervisors (CSBS) and the American Association of Residential Mortgage Regulators (AARMR), will allow companies to conveniently manage their mortgage license(s) in an electronic format through a secure website.
Application and maintenance of an MLO license are managed through the Nationwide Multistate Licensing System (NMLS).
Application and maintenance of a CRMLA license are managed through the Nationwide Multistate Licensing System (NMLS).
For Companies Engaged in Residential Lending or Brokering: Application and maintenance of a CFL license for companies engaged in residential lending or brokering are managed through the Nationwide Multistate Licensing System (NMLS).
Please visit NMLS for additional information and licensing requirements specific to the California Department of Business Oversight.
For Companies Engaged in Non-Residential Lending or Brokering: Application and maintenance of a CFL license for companies engaging in lending or brokering that are secured by other than residential real property are managed directly by the Department. Please visit the main CFL web page for details.
NMLS Consumer Access is a fully searchable website that allows the public to view information concerning state-licensed mortgage companies, branches and individuals currently licensed through NMLS.
- Bona Fide Nonprofit Affordable Housing Organizations
- How to File a Complaint
- Verify an MLO license through NMLS Consumer Access