Careers at DBO
Thank you for your interest in employment with the California Department of Business Oversight (DBO). The Department offers a broad range of professional career paths. When you join the DBO, you join a family of employees that function as a team. We hope that you will consider a rewarding and challenging career with us.
- Employment and Exam Opportunities View employment and exam opportunities at DBO.
- Who We Are An overview of our history, our mission, and about working at the DBO.
- What We Do DBO provides protection to consumers and services to businesses engaged in financial transactions.
- What We Offer DBO offers its employees a highly competitive and generous benefits programs.
- Where We Work Learn more about our locations throughout California.
For additional information regarding employment and exam opportunities with the State of California, please visit www.jobs.ca.gov.
Veterans’ Preference can be applied to a veteran’s eligibility for qualifying open and open, non-promotional examinations.
To determine if the exam being administered qualifies for Veterans’ Preference, please review the examination bulletin. Veterans’ Preference will be awarded as follows, starting on January 1, 2014:
- Any veteran, widow or widower of a veteran, or spouse of a 100 percent disabled veteran, who achieves a passing score in an entrance examination, shall be ranked in the top rank of the resulting eligibility list. Any veteran who has been dishonorably discharged or released is not eligible for Veterans’ Preference.
- An entrance examination is defined, under the law, as any open competitive examination.
- Veterans’ Preference is not granted once a person achieves permanent civil service status.
For more information about Veteran’s Preference, please visit https://jobs.ca.gov/Public/Jobs/Veterans.aspx
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy
The Department of Business Oversight is an equal opportunity employer to all, regardless of age, ancestry, color, disability (mental and physical), exercising the right to family care and medical leave, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religious creed, sex (includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), and sexual orientation.
Public Service Loan Forgiveness
The U.S. Department of Education Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) Program forgives the remaining balance on eligible federal student loans after 120 qualifying monthly payments are made under a qualifying repayment plan while working full-time for the State of California.
- State Application (Std. 678)
- My Rank - Eligible List Disclosure Find out where you rank on an eligible list.
- Frequently Asked Questions - Auditor I and Financial Institutions Examiner Examinations (PDF)
- State Retirees - Boomerang/State Personnel Board Find out how State retirees can register to work on a temporary basis as a retired annuitant.