Search for a Financial Services Licensee
- This search includes records for the following licensees:
- Mortgage bankers and servicers
- Finance lenders and brokers
- Deferred deposit originators also called payday lenders
- Escrow agents, and
- Check sellers, bill payers and proraters
- Individual Mortgage Loan Originator (MLO) licenses should be checked through NMLS Consumer Access
- For information about penalties against a Mortgage Loan Originator, please visit NMLS Consumer Access
- For other department licenses and registrations, please visit our Resources page.
- The following companies are licensed to provide online escrow services:
The Department of Business Oversight, the Bureau of Real Estate, and the Office of Real Estate
Appraisers, regulate most of the real estate financial services
in California. To check the license records of all four
departments at once
visit California Real Estate and Financial Services License Information. The name must contain at least 2 letters.
Please enter a license number or the name of the company you are looking for in the correct space below. The "No Longer Licensed" date is the date a record was removed from our active license listing. Please call our Consumer Services Office by calling 1-(866) 275-2677 for the actual date of surrender or revocation or search for additional information against a licensee or search for consumer alerts through our enforcement action page.