Volume 16, Issue 02 - August 2012
Commissioner Barnes Addresses NACAB Gala
On August 10, 2012, Commissioner Teveia R. Barnes delivered the keynote address to the National Association of Chinese American Bankers (NACAB) Gala at the San Gabriel Hilton, in San Gabriel California.
In her remarks, Commissioner Barnes touched on a wide range of topics, including the volume and importance of trade between China and California; the California State Trade and Export Promotion program, (STEP); resolution plans for covered companies under Dodd-Frank (“living wills”); the extension of the Transaction Account Guarantee (TAG) Program and the need to restore confidence in the banking industry in the wake of scandals that have undermined trust in the financial services industry.
A link to the full text of her remarks can be found here (PDF).
DFI E-mail List Service and Social Media, Blog and Portal
The DFI offers a variety of information services that deliver current news and information about the DFI, its mission, and the financial industry. The e-mail service and social media, blog and portal accounts offered below are a way to stay up to date.
- DFI News - Delivers news, bulletins, alerts, and announcements about the DFI, its mission, and employees of the DFI as it ensures the safety and soundness of California’s state-chartered financial institutions. DFI’s email service also provides information about community development, small business financing, financial literacy, consumer protection, and other consumer issues and updates and announcements about outreach and educational opportunities for financial institutions.
- DFI News Feed – Delivers press releases via RSS Feed.
Social Media, Blog and Portal
- DFI on Twitter – @CaliforniaDFI - Provides news about financial literacy, consumer protection, and other consumer issues.
- DFI on Twitter - @Bankon CA – Delivers information and resources for the unbanked/underbanked and community outreach opportunities and resources for financial institutions.
- DFI on Facebook – Cal DFI – Delivers information and news about financial literacy, consumer protection, and other consumer issues.
- DFI on Facebook – Bank on California – Provides information and resources for the unbanked/underbanked and community outreach opportunities and resources for financial institutions.
- DFI Blog – California Financial Literacy Month Blog - Delivers via email subscription or RSS financial education news and announcements.
- DFI Financial Literacy Portal – The new portal, launched in April 2012, provides news, information and a variety of resources on topics that are of interest to consumers, community organizations, educators, employers, parents, and financial literacy providers.
For questions on any of these communication services, please contact Alana Golden, Public Information Officer, 916-323-7012.
Commercial Bank Activity
Acquisition of Control
Richard Arnold, to acquire control of Premier Business Bank
Purchase of Partial Business Unit
Opus Bank, Irvine, to acquire ten branch offices of Pacific Western Bank, Los Angeles
American Perspective Bank, San Luis Obispo, to merge with and into Pacific Western Bank, Los Angeles
Desert Commercial Bank, Palm Desert, to merge with and into First Foundation Bank, Irvine
Gateway Business Bank, Cerritos, to merge with and into Pacific Trust Bank, FSB, Irvine
Premium Finance Company Activity
New Premium Finance Company
Green Premium Finance Corporation
2955 E. Hillcrest Drive, Westlake Village, Ventura County
Address changed from 15455 San Fernando Mission Boulevard, Mission Hills, Los Angeles County
Opened: 8/30/12 (Application was withdrawn on 9/28/11 and withdrawal was rescinded on 8/30/12)
Foreign (Other State) Bank Activity
Discontinuance of Facility
American Enterprise Bank
8775 Sierra College Boulevard, Granite Bay, Placer County
120 Railroad Avenue, Richmond, Contra Costa County
4675 MacArthur Court, Newport Beach, Orange County
Community South Bank
2377 Gold Meadow Way, Gold River, Sacramento County
Crescent Bank & Trust
4614 Sheridan Road, Oceanside, San Diego County
Darien Rowayton Bank
144 Calle de Andalucia, Redondo Beach, Los Angeles County
Investors Bank & Trust Company
US Bank Plaza, 980 9th Street, Sacramento, Sacramento County
Irwin Union Bank and Trust Company
12677 Alcosta Boulevard, San Ramon, Contra Costa County
RBC Builder Finance
2175 North California Boulevard, Walnut Creek, Contra Costa County
2029 Century Park East, Los Angeles, Los Angeles County
Texas Capital Bank, N.A.
14895 E. 14th Street, Suite 400, San Leandro, Alameda County
UPS Capital Business Credit
1515 West 190th Street, Gardena, Los Angeles County
Credit Union Activity
East Bay Postal Credit Union, Oakland, to merge with and into Pacific Postal Credit Union, San Jose
Electric Federal Credit Union, San Jose, to merge with and into Alliance Credit Union, San Jose
Three credit unions received approval for three bylaw amendments during July 2012.
Field of Membership
One credit union received approval to add one new field of membership during July 2012.
One credit union received approval for request for variance to sections of the California Code of Regulations during July 2012.
Money Transmitter Activity
New Money Transmitter
Choice Money Transfer, Inc.
TouchPay Holdings, LP
Voluntary Surrender of License
Trans-Fast Remittance, Inc.
TEVEIA R. BARNES
Commissioner of Financial Institutions
Bulletin for Month ended
August 2012, issued pursuant
to Financial Code section 376