SCO Spring 2013 Newsletter and New Holder Handbook
The 2013 Spring Newsletter regarding the State Controller's Office (SCO) California Unclaimed Property Program may be accessed at the link below. The newsletter includes articles on the following topics:
- Submitting the Holder Remit Report
- Unclaimed Securities Remittance Reminder
- New Universal Holder Face Sheet (UFS-1) Form
- Performing Due Diligence for the 2013 Report Year
- Holder Warning: Ensure You are Communicating with the Correct Property Owner
- Interest Assessment for Holder Notice Reports
- Unclaimed Property Division’s Outreach and Compliance Team: We Are Here to Help!
- 2011/2012 Owner Reunification Efforts
The newsletter can be found at http://www.sco.ca.gov/upd_rptg_outreach.html.
California also has a new Unclaimed Property Holder Handbook available on the web site at: http://www.sco.ca.gov/upd_form_rptg.html. The following information has been updated:
- Owner and Relationship Type Codes have been updated
- UFS-1 Instructions have been updated
If you have any questions, please contact the Unclaimed Property Reporting Unit at (916) 464-6284 or firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also contact the Holder Outreach Unit at email@example.com.
Thank you for your time,